Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Over the last year we have started to assemble an incredible Product Design team at Genomics England, who have been working tirelessly to help us bring new complex and cutting-edge digital tools to life.
To take this team to the next level, we’re now looking to secure the services of a Product Design Manager who can set a high bar of excellent as we continue to grow.
As Product Design Manager, you play a pivotal role across our digital chapter and be given a broad remit that spans design guardian, line manager, mentor and coach. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest possible levels of craft across UX & UI, and enable our Product Designers to create their best work, delivering world class experiences for our users.
We will look to you to define our design standards, practices and tools, and help to build strong cross-functional collaborations with our HCD Research, Service Design, Engineering, Product Management, Service Ownership and Marketing teams.
Additionally, you will work in close partnership with our Director of Design & Research and HCD Research Manager to scale our design community, recruiting first-class talent and help to shape a progressive culture that's rooted in connectedness and openness.
This role will suit a design leader with impeccable craft, who has managed teams of up to 10 people in an environment that’s geared towards creating highly complex and genuinely innovative digital products and services.
- Leading and coaching the product design team, offering them support in problem solving and coaching the team to build new skills
- Raising the bar for design quality at GEL, from putting humans in the centre of our product work, to crafting robust, effective and polished product experiences that empower our users
- Establishing standard practices (within product design team and as a part of our cross functional ways of working) to enable designers to do their best work, including agile practices, design systems and consistent product design practices
- Increase team’s effectiveness by standardising tools and processes and introducing scalable methodologies
- Help connect product design work with service design at GEL
- Building strong cross functional relationships with other disciplines within the wider digital function
- Shaping the team culture and build a sense of community.
- Growing the team - through understanding what growth means for each product designer and working with them to grow in their career, and also scoping and hiring new roles into product design team as we scale
- Developing the product design team by identifying growth areas, assigning stretch opportunities and embedding of mentorship and connectedness across product designers
- Know and understand the meaning behind our virtues of Empathy, Integrity, Focus, Connection, Speed, Curiosity, Impact and embody them in all aspects of your role
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in managing, leading, growing and shaping product design teams
- Previously worked as hands-on product designer practitioner, with demonstrable experience in design craft
- Deep expertise in product design methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in strong collaborations with engineering
- Experience in delivering solutions on various platforms (web, mobile, etc)
- Experience in setting up processes and tools for the team
- Proficiency with Figma, ability to help teams organise their work and set up systems to increase connectivity, including design systems
- Experience of strong cross functional collaboration
- Coaching others through planning/prioritisation
- Inspiring/influencing others in the business to partake in the product design process
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to continually improve work through giving and receiving feedback
- Experience working with complex systems (e.g. healthcare, cloud computing)
- Experience in Human-Centred AI
- Experience in Data visualisations
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience with creating accessible products
- Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience
- Relevant design portfolio, demonstrating examples of hands-on work and design leadership
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.
As part of our recruitment process, all successful candidates are subject to a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We therefore require applicants to disclose any previous offences at point of application, as some unspent convictions may mean we are unable to proceed with your application due to the nature of our work in healthcare.
Genomics England operate a blended working model, as we know our people appreciate the flexibility. We expect most people to come into the office 2 times each month as a minimum. However, this will vary according to role and will be agreed with your team leader. For some people this is 1 day a quarter, for others it is several days a week. There is no expectation that staff will return to the office full time unless they want to. The exception would be some of our roles that would require you to be on site full time e.g., lab teams, reception team.
Our teams and squads have, and will continue to, reflect on what works best for them to work together successfully and have the freedom to design working patterns to suit, beyond the minimum. Our office locations at the moment are Cambridge and Farringdon (London) and in Summer 2022 we are relocating our London office location to Canary Wharf. We will also be expanding our regional offices.
Looking ahead to our move to Canary Wharf, we will be designing our new space with blended working in mind, and with the flexibility to adapt to changing work patterns. During the pandemic we will be following government advice on working from home guidance.