Apply to join a GeCIP Domain
Please read the Privacy Notice for GeCIP members, which sets out key information that you should know when you provide your details to Genomics England as part of the Genomics England Clinical Interpretation Partnership (GeCIP).
GeCIP application process
- Has your institution has signed the GeCIP Participation Agreement, which outlines the key principles that members of each institution must adhere to, including our Intellectual Property and Publication Policy? See if your institution has signed here.
- Submit your application using the relevant form found at the bottom of this page.
- The domain lead will review your application, and your institution will verify your identity for us and communicate confirmation directly to Genomics England. *
- Your user account will be created. *
- You will be sent an email containing a link to complete Information Governance training and sign the GeCIP Rules. Completing the training and signing the GeCIP Rules are requirements for you to access the data. After you have completed the training and signed the rules, you will need to wait for your access to the Research Environment to be granted.
- This will generally take up to one working day. You will then receive an email letting you know your account has been given access to the environment, and instructions for logging in.
* Please note: Identity verification is performed by your Institution, and as such this part of the process may take longer than four weeks as it is not under the control of Genomics England. Verification of researchers requires that you appoint a membership secretary whose role will be to confirm or deny academic affiliations with your institution.
Process to join an additional domain
- Submit your application using the relevant form found below.
- The relevant Domain Lead will approve your request.
- If your application is rejected, we will provide you with feedback for resubmitting your application.
- If your application is approved, we will update your account.
Your will receive confirmation of access to the requested additional Domain from the Genomics England Service Desk.
Please click the relevant option below to view and submit an application to the GeCIP team:
- I would like to join a GeCIP Domain as an independent researcher
- I would like to join a GeCIP Domain as a student or postdoc
If you have already applied or have been accepted and need to change your details, please visit this page.
Please note that you will not gain access to the 100,000 Genomes Project data immediately upon becoming a GeCIP member. Before you can access the data, your institution first needs to have signed the GeCIP Participation Agreement and verified your affiliation, your domain needs to have been given access to the data, and your GeCIP Domain Lead needs to approve your application. After these criteria are met, it may take up to 3 weeks before you receive your account details, as accounts are created in batches. Please see GeCIP and your access to data for more information.