Genomics England are proud to be part of the Festival of Genomics and Biodata, the UK’s largest genomics event, and a place for the global genomics community to meet, learn and get inspired.
Meet the team
Visit our booth to find out more about the work we're doing, or speak to a team member from our bioinformatics, talent acquisition, partnerships and research management teams.
Hear from our experts
The festival line-up includes incredible talks and debates from over 250+ speakers with extended topic coverage of areas like multi-omics, single cell and spatial analysis, liquid biopsy, cancer genomics, biodata and more. Catch speakers from Genomics England, the Genomics England Participant Panel and partner organisations in the sessions below on our partner stage.
Wednesday 24th January
- Keynote: Rich Scott, Chief Medical Officer and Deputy CEO, Genomics England
- Poetry Reading by Jillian Hastings Ward, Chair, Participant Panel, Genomics England
Thursday 25th January
Session 1: Horizon scanning in somatic genomics (including long reads, multimodal data and clinical translation)
- Dr Prabhu Arumugam, Director of Clinical Data and Imaging, Caldicott Guardian, Genomics England
- Emma McCargow, Programme Lead - Cancer, Genomics England
- Dr Jack Bartram, consultant paediatric haematologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children.
Session 2: Horizon scanning in germline genomics (including diagnostic discovery, pharmacogenomics and newborn screening)
- Matthew Brown, Chief Scientific Officer, Genomics England
- James Duboff and Kate Witkowska, Strategic Partnerships Directors, Genomics England
- Amanda Pichini, Clinical Lead for Genetic Counselling, Genomics England